Ayurveda is a preventively oriented and time-tested natural medicine. It is the earliest medical system known to mankind, from which all the later treatment systems have emerged. The term ‘ayurveda’ translates as the ‘science of life’. Its core field of interest is wholesome health as the foundation of everything else. Ayurveda believes that vitality and longevity are achieved by harmoniously living with nature and maintaining balance between the body, the psyche and the spirit.
Ayurvedic healing is based on a completely individual, multilayered approach that unites:
- phytotherapy ie. herbal treatments
- nutrition – Ayurvedic nutrition guidelines
- detoxification and revitalization of the body with multiple therapeutic massages called panchakarma
- psychology, through the introduction of Ayurvedic daily routine
- spirituality, through day-to-day yoga training and meditation
Ayurvedic approach to healing emphasizes prevention and rejuvenation which enable the modern man to harmonize all aspects of his life, live long and prosperous in harmony with natural laws.